MomShar.com is my place to be able to blog about all things parenting.
I want motherhood to be an overall positive experience for all women, & I hope that MomShar.com contributes to that goal. Sometimes moms need to realize that we are not alone in our struggles. Sometimes we need to celebrate the small, yet beautiful, moments. And sometimes we need resources to help make mom-life a little bit easier.
- The Baby Bash Giveaway!I’m teaming up with some of my favorite baby brands to bring you The Baby Bash Giveaway. One lucky winner will win a $100 Target gift card plus products from Boogie Wipes, Baby Bjorn, Dreft, Kandoo and Downy Wrinkle Releaser Plus. Giveaway is open to US and Canada residents and ends at 11:59 pm on... The post The Baby Bash Giveaway! appeared first on .
- Moms Need to Advocate for Their Own Health TooAs moms, we tend to get used to rolling with the punches. We learn fairly quickly that our lives are at the mercy of our children – their activities, their moods, their health. We take them to the doctor when they catch the latest illness, but when we catch the same thing we keep functioning.... The post Moms Need to Advocate for Their Own Health Too appeared first on .
- Fashion, Women, & A Century of ProgressIt wasn’t that long ago, that women in the United States were required to dress in a certain way. The suffragettes battled legislation in the 1910s that was trying to make it mandatory to wear corsets & hemlines that were only one inch off of the ground. This sounds ridiculous to modern women of today... The post Fashion, Women, & A Century of Progress appeared first on .
- 50 Questions Running Through Every New Mom’s HeadYou just had a baby. It is incredible & awe-inspiring. It is also really, really hard. Here’s what might be going through your head: Is that noise normal? Is my baby sleeping too many hours at a time? Should I wake up my baby to feed him? Is she too cold or too warm? Should... The post 50 Questions Running Through Every New Mom’s Head appeared first on .
- Women in Ads & How It Effects My BoysMy favorite commercial right now is an ad from Under Armour featuring the USA women’s gymnastics team. I am partial to this ad considering I was a gymnast for 15 years, but there is much more to it than that (and 2.8 million YouTube views seem to agree with me). This video shows incredibly strong,... The post Women in Ads & How It Effects My Boys appeared first on .
- Identifying Mental Health Disorders in ChildrenWhen I worked for a mental health non-profit, I loved working with the little kids. I had the opportunity to work one-on-one with children as young as three years old who were displaying concerning symptoms, & it was incredibly rewarding to watch their progress. When these very young children came to us, we were able... The post Identifying Mental Health Disorders in Children appeared first on .
- 10 of the Cutest Eco-Friendly Lunch ContainersOver the summer we eat on-the-go a lot – in the car, at the park, at the pool, on a walk, or just in the backyard. Whether it’s snacks or picnic lunches, I often stuff it in a plastic sandwich baggie, hand it to the boys, & off we go. Unfortunately, this is not the... The post 10 of the Cutest Eco-Friendly Lunch Containers appeared first on .
- Facing the Reality of School ShootingsAnother day, another tragedy. As a parent, I often tend to look the other way because the reality of these tragic situations are too hard to face. It is too gut-wrenching to put myself in the shoes of parents who have lost their children… too painful to imagine it happening to my own children. So... The post Facing the Reality of School Shootings appeared first on .
- Lancaster’s 1st Baby ShowerIf you live near Lancaster, PA & have little ones at home, mark your calendars! Life’s Phases, Komfy Couture, & FM97 have partnered up to bring local families & businesses a fun event – Lancaster’s 1st Ever Baby Shower. There will be lots of giveaways, raffles, and many of the booths will be offering special... The post Lancaster’s 1st Baby Shower appeared first on .
- Focusing on Our Children’s Emotional IntelligenceDoes your young child know their colors? Can they sing the alphabet song? Can they count their toys when you line them up in a row? But more importantly, does any of that matter? Children are good at memorizing and mimicking whatever they hear. They will be able to sing the alphabet song if they... The post Focusing on Our Children’s Emotional Intelligence appeared first on .